Austrian Presidency proposal concerning the Mobility Package 1 restricts the international road transport and the fundamental freedoms of movement in the EU. This dangerous approach would deepen the gaps between EU Member States: instead of supporting the new comers’ developing economies and the social harmonization across the EU, Austria proposes unacceptable changes of EU Common Transport Policy leading to EU economic and social segregation.
BETTER NO DEAL THAN A DISASTROUS DEAL FOR ROMANIAN AND EASTERN TRANSPORT OPERATORS!
SAY NO TO ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL SEGREGATION IN THE EU!
NO to “cooling off” period of 7-14 days to CABOTAGE!
- Restricting cabotage and market access is against the EU Common Transport Policy, in direct contradiction with its objectives of decarbonisation and transport network efficiency.
NO to posting application to road transport!
- Professional drivers are highly mobile workers, not posted workers!
- Posting rules and burdens block international road transport in the EU, imposing hauliers to calculate & pay different national wages for 1 driver in 1 month
- Splitting international transport in bilateral and crosstrade with different posting regimes will limit international road transport operations, complicate even more the administrative burden and distort the level playing in road transport sector by applying different payment regimes to the drivers of the same company, but performing different types of international transport operations
NO to driver and the vehicle OBLIGATORY return home!
- Drivers have the right to free movement in the EU. Choosing how drivers spend their private time is a human right, they are not 2nd class citizens!
- Vehicles are hauliers’ production tools for the transport services and hauliers have the right to free movement of their services in the EU! Obligatory return home of vehicles will dramatically increase the empty runs and the CO2 emissions, while the cost increases will be much higher for the hauliers from peripheral countries, thus distorting the level playing field in EU road transport market.
STOP AUSTRIA FROM DISTROYING THE EU FOUNDATION!
EU NEEDS TO STRENGTHEN ITS UNITY AFTER THE BREXIT, NOT TO FALL APART FROM WITHIN!
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!
- Continue market liberalization towards a Single European Transport Area
- Keep cabotage within its purpose to improve the efficiency of road freight transport, reducing empty runs and CO2 emissions
- Support full exclusion of road transport from posting of workers rules
- Stop national interpretations of EU rules!